The eligibility for appearing JEE Main 2018 is given below:
- Date of Birth: Candidates those born on or after 1st October 1993 are eligible for writing the JEE Main examination.
- Relaxation: 5 years relaxation shall be provided in the upper age limit of SC/ST & PWD candidates (i.e. DOB falls on or after 1st October 1988).
- Date of Birth will be considered as mentioned in secondary education board certificate.
- Qualifying Exam: It is must for the candidates to pass the 12th examination/qualifying examination with 5 subjects to be eligible for JEE Main 2018.
- Subjects: The qualifying examination must be passed/appearing with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- No Minimum Marks: There is no minimum marks requirement in 12th examination for writing the JEE Main exam. However, candidates have to secure the passing marks.
- Passing Year: Those who have appeared and passed the higher secondary examination in 2016 and 2017 are also eligible to apply. Moreover, candidates appearing the final examination of 12th in 2018 can also fill the JEE Main application form.
- In case if candidate appeared the 12th examination in 2015 but not passed in 2015, passed in 2016 are also not eligible.
- Diploma Holders: Diploma holders may also apply for JEE Main 2018 but only eligible for admission to IITs. In other words, Diploma holders will be eligible for JEE Main so that they can further apply for JEE Advanced but not eligible for admission on the basis of JEE Main scores.
Number of Attempts:
Total 3 attempts will be given for clearing the JEE Main. Attempts will be counted from the year 2017 onwards. JEE Advanced can be attempted maximum 2 times in consecutive years.
Eligibility For Admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs:
Percentage Marks: To be eligible for admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs, candidates should have obtained 75% marks in 12th examination or must be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th examination of respective boards. The qualifying marks for SC/ST will be 65%.